2009년 4월 20일 월요일

5.What shall I do?

Hi, my lovely classmates!
Last week I was so blue. Before I came here KNUE, I determined that I will think just about improving my English. And so far I thanked for all things that were given to me.
And I accepted my situation: Just 4 years have passed since I changed my teaching subject from French into English. So it is natural that I am a kind of deaf and dumb.
But after the real evaluation of three parts(Lis-Quiz/Com-Essay/Con-Presentation), I was shocked my score. I thought it is failed score.It is the worst score in my life! So now I feel that I am stupid and silly.
Is it okay to continue my life as a English teacher or do I have to search another job?

댓글 7개:

  1. Hi, I'm Angel~^^ It's almost time to start the afternoon class, I'll stop by your blog later. Your question makes me think carefully.

    답글삭제
  2. Hi, Cathy. Don't be discouraged by the score. I know the score always givs us a hard time and makes us down. For me, before and after the test, I always takes some notes in the post-it. For example, "I will do my best and never think of the score again. Just thank God that I am here." This habit started from my high school days. When I was in middle school, I took the high score. But during the high school, I got so much stress. The school was kind of a good school with the chosen studetns like the affilated high school in KNUE. There I couldn't take the top and I got stressed out. Especially during the test, I couldn't handle the stress and finally I found out my own solution. Whenever I got worries, I took notes about that and then I tried to forgot it. I hope my way will work with you.

    답글삭제
  3. Cathy, You are not the only person who worries about the score. I always concern that my score might be the worst in my class. I know worries can't encourage me to learn, so I try to think in posive way. We are here to learn and improve. Don't be frustrated, Cathy.

    답글삭제
  4. Cathy, I agree with Angelina and Kate. We are here to improve our English and Learn many things. I've also been depressed after all these series of evaluations and can't feel okay because they happen so often. During the weekend, I've been thinking about that. The conclusion is that I try to enjoy all and accept it positively because I chose all these things. I'd really want you not to give up. You can do that. And I can do that. We can do that.

    답글삭제
  5. Whenever I am disappointed with something, I always try to stand up again just as a tumbling doll. Even if I fall down thousands of times, I'm sure I will pick myself up again. That's my solution. This creed encourages me to start again. I really love the tumbling doll. This is my mascot. Be yourself, and have confidence!

    답글삭제
  6. Hi Cathy,
    Your classmates have given you some great advice about the test score. Don't worry too much about that. Remember, your goal isn't the score on the first day of the program. It's the progress you make while here. I really think that the administration should release those test scores at the end with your second result so you can see improvement rather than just a low number at the beginning.

    답글삭제
  7. Cathy, Hi~
    sorry I didn't visit every class mate's blog for a long time...Actually I all the time tend to be frustrated with my short English ability. Seemingly I look like a skillfurl English teacher just in apprerance..but inside my mind..it's not true..I know myself...For me,whenever I get poor scores than I expected,I forgot all and think of the next step..in the past I had been lived worrying something and being depressed..but I realized It's useless..Positive thinking and doing would be helpful for me..Katherine, we are in the same boat..nodody is special..I think..
    Let's be cooperative here and help each other..
    after 6 months, I hope my abilities and your abilities will be improved a little unconsciously....Go for it!!!!

    답글삭제